What is Bootstrap
- Bootstrap is a free front-end framework for faster and easier web development
- Bootstrap also gives you the ability to easily create responsive designs
What is Responsive Web Design?
Responsive web design is about creating web sites which automatically adjust themselves to look good on all devices, from small phones to large desktops.
Advantages of Bootstrap
The biggest advantage of using Bootstrap is that it comes with free set of tools for creating flexible and responsive web layouts as well as common interface components.
Here are some more advantages, why one should opt for Bootstrap:
- Save lots of time - You can save lots of time and efforts using the Bootstrap predefined design templates and classes and concentrate on other development?work.
- Responsive features- Using Bootstrap you can easily create responsive designs. Bootstrap responsive features make your web pages to appear more appropriately on different devices and screen resolutions without any change in markup.
- Consistent design - All Bootstrap components share the same design templates and styles through a central library, so that the designs and layouts of your web pages are consistent throughout your development.
- Easy to to use - Bootstrap is very easy to use. Anybody with the basic working knowledge of HTML and CSS can start development with Bootstrap.
- Compatible with browsers - Bootstrap is created with modern browsers in mind and it is compatible with all modern browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, and Opera.
- Open Source - And the best part is, it is completely free to download and use.
Bootstrap was developed by Mark Otto and Jacob Thornton at Twitter, and released as an open source product in August 2011 on GitHub.
In June 2014 Bootstrap was the No.1 project on GitHub!
Where to Get Bootstrap?
There are two ways to start using Bootstrap on your own web site.
- Download Bootstrap from getbootstrap.com
- Include Bootstrap from a CDN
If you want to download and host Bootstrap yourself, go to getbootstrap.com, and follow the instructions there.